Welcome the IOM Family History Library
Librarian Mrs Doreen Quayle, 17, West View, Peel.IM5 1BN Telephone (01624) 843105
Our Library is at Derby Lodge, Derby Road, Peel IM5 1HH (View Map showing approximate location).
The Library is open on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons from 2pm to 5pm until the end of September. From October 1st the library will only be open on Wednesdays and Saturdays. A librarian will be there to help you with your research.
The contents of the Library include:
- IGI for the Isle of Man, England and Scotland
- Burial Registers for the island and Douglas Crematorium records
- Monumental Inscriptions
- Census on film, fiche and in publications 1841 to 1901, indexed
- Family Trees submitted by members
- On film - births, marriages and deaths
- Roman Catholic birth, marriages and deaths
- Goodwin papers for news of local people
- Manx books
- Wood's Atlas
- Journals from other societies
- Books advising on research
- If you wish to visit the Library out of opening hours please notify the Librarian in plenty of time.
A member may also be willing to visit the Manx Museum Library or Registry of Deeds to find an entry.
If you are not a member we can only answer general enquiries.
Please bear in mind that, although we have many members world wide, we are a small band of volunteers here on the island and it may take time for your email to be answered.